Monday, July 28, 2008

POEM

My mom and I were listening to devotional the other day, and it was a cd by John Bytheway, and there was this wonderful poem so i am going to tell it too you and I think its very uplifting and makes you think but its a good one!!! Here it goes!

BUILDER OR A WRECKER??
I passed one day through a lonely town and saw men tearing a building down, hoe hev hoe and a husky yell they swung a beam and a side wall fell, I asked the fore man : are these men skilled? The kind you would higher if you had to build?? Oh no he chuckled no indeed, common labor is all I need. why, i can destroy in a day or two what builders take weeks to do. I thought to myself as I went on my way which of these roles have I tried to play? Am I a builder who works with care, strengthening lives by rule and square shaping my peers too a well made plan, helping them to do the best they can?? Or am I a wrecker who walks around content with the labor of tearing down??
and the scripture that goes with it is Matthew 5: 46-48
we love you all!!!!! and hope your doing well!! =)

3 comments:

The Silly Nilly Gass Fam said...

Love it, thanks for sharing.

Ri Ri said...

haha i am glad you liked it

Ze Carrier said...

Hey I was searching for this poem, And it was awesome to find another John Bytheway listener and mormon!!!!! :3 Thank you for posting the poem up much appreciated :)